Friendship

Yes poem again!! Sorry this is my blog :D. Against many advice and criticism, I am still going ahead putting all my erstwhile poems. Yes it is cheesy and an attempt at rhyming is very evident. But then again what do you expect from a 11th standard boy? When I am through with my past collections maybe I will try writing again and hopefully better ones...but knowing me that is a tall order:-)

Friendship
(poem written on 23/7/2004)
Dedicated to the ' Golden Group' of friends

I first saw you on that day
when you and me went to play.
We had a little fight
and I quickly left your sight.

Next day I was full of worry
and you later came to say sorry.
There starts our friendship
something like an unsinkable ship

In our class, you sat by my side.
I talked with you nothing to hide.
We ate our lunch together
and with you I didn't have nay fear.

There weren't any turgid or deep waters.
Life was simple, as if nothing matters.
When you were sad about your dears
my shoulder was full of your tears.

Within our friendship a web was cast
in which was stuck the memories of past,
day and day we pondered over it
falling deeper and faster in the pit.

A rainbow!! we counted its colors.
and a sunny day we went after flowers.
In a playground we were enemies
but outside - eternal friends.

There were times when we had a fight
but a day or two and it was lost.
I went to your house and spent my night
and in your home, I was the host.

When at night, we count the stars
match them up with love from far
play with toys of fun and joy
hear those music so sweet!! Oh Boy!!

In your company I felt no shame
when we made together one single aim
one of these says we may finally part
but friends we will remain in our heart.

1 comments:

Bach said...

great work esp
"A rainbow!! we counted its colors.
and a sunny day we went after flowers."
love that

Post a Comment

Please Free feel to comment but do put your name with it!

Followers